I had OpenOffice 3.0 Beta on my Windows XP PC and I upgraded to OpenOffice 3.1 tonight. The install went smoothly, except the installer did not delete the old folder from the programs from the start menu. I also had to download all the extensions again into the new version. I'll have to list them at a later time as it's a little late in the evening.
I used one of the extensions to up load to my blog. Interesting when I uploaded the first paragraph OpenOffice Writer froze and I couldn't exit. I had to open the Task Manager and kill the soffice.bin process.
Currently installed Extensions:
English spelling and hypenation dictionaries and thesarus 2008.07.01
French “Classic and Reform 1990” spelling, thesaurus and hyphenation 3.2.0
gdoc_1.7.0.oxt (Google docs)
Professional Template Pack II – English 1.0
Spanish spelling dictionary 2008.07.01
Sun PDF Import Extension 1.0
Sun Weblog Publisher 1.1.0
Text Effects 0.7
I haven't test all of the extensions out yet. I'm interested to see if the Sun PDF import works. Let you know later.